Sunday, May 6, 2007

Landscaping

I love a pretty landscape. We bought our dream house March 22, 2006. I was not happy with the landscape at all. It had a lot of what I call the "poodle look"! I had three different people come to give me some ideas and a price. WOW! They gave me prices but they were all way more than I could or wanted to spend. One was $3000.00 just for a few things in the front and that was not removing any of the big "poodle bushes". Well I forgot about it last year. But as soon as I saw the first daffodil the fever hit me again. I had to get it done. I talked to my husband about it and a dear friend of my sons, whom is also like a son to me. They decided that they could do it for me and started making their plans as to when they would get started. Well before they could get started Kevin got a call and had to leave for a job in Dell, AR. So now the job was all on Blake. He started by digging up and cutting down the things I hated and then Me, him and his family took off to Sterlington, LA to buy all that I wanted to go in the beds in the front and back of the yard. I got a varity of shrubs, hydrangeas, daisy gardenias, cedar and holly, and a japanese maple. We had a trailer and a truck load full. It all looked so good under my carport. Then we had to buy peat moss, top soil, fertilizer, weed killer, mulch, and edging. I tell you I am so pleased with his work. I could not be more satisfied if a professional had done it. I am very grateful to Blake for all his hard work and for helping me out so much. My husband works away all the time and my children all live else where. So Blake, Candy and their girls have truly been a blessing to me.

I am ashame of myself for not mentioning my son Matt that came in for a few days last week and helped Blake to finish up. He really worked hard and he was very appreciative to Blake for doing so much to help his mom out. Thanks son! I love you and I really do appreciate all you did.

3 comments:

jemimah b. said...

kay i love your blog. you just keep joining the web even more. the yard looks great.

Anonymous said...

wow, you are such an amazing slave driver. blake has 2 kids, a wife, 8 stores to look after and you worked my dear buddy into the ground and prolly didn't even pay him. except for maybe a hot meal or two. haha. but, i guess i couldn't do it for you since i "desserted" you when i joined the army. love ya anyways. bye

jemimah b. said...

hey kay. i have tagged you. now you have to share 7 things about you on your blog. have fun!!